- Making a booking
- What documentation do I need to provide when making a booking?
- Copies of the following forms of identification are required for all hires:
- Driving licence of all drivers (UK residents must also provide their Counterpart). International Licences are accepted.
- Passport (or other form of photo identification)
- Recent utility bill or bank statement (less than 3 months old)
- The credit card used to make the booking must be presented on handover, or an alternative card will be required.
To speed up the handover process, we ask that you email copies of the above through in advance. Please ensure all the identification documents are also present when collecting the vehicle. Full information on the above will be sent to you via email in your hire confirmation.
- Can I add an additional driver?
- Additional drivers can be added to the hire at a cost of £5.00+VAT per day/per driver. Maximum amount payable £35+VAT.
- Can you supply drivers?
- Experienced, professional chauffeurs are available upon request. Please contact us for availability and a quote.
- When do I need to pay for the hire?
- Full payment of the hire is processed upon reservation.
- Is there a cancellation policy?
- A fee of 50% will apply if a reservation is cancelled within 5 days prior to the hire start date. Bookings that are cancelled before the 5 day period will be receive a 100% refund.
- Is a deposit required?
- An insurance excess deposit of £750 is required for all hires. This amount is authorised (not debited or charged to your card) when the vehicle is delivered or collected by you, and will remain active for the duration of your hire. Insurance excess reduction to £250 can be purchased for an additional £10 p/day (maximum charge £100).
- Are there any age or licence restrictions on hires?
- The following restrictions are imposed by our insurance provider:
Mini Cooper: Minimum age 23 years, valid driving licence for at least 2 years Mini Cooper S: Minimum age 25 years, valid driving licence for at least 3 years Drivers must not have more than 6 points / endorsements on their licence. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the above.
- Is there any branding on any of the vehicles?
- No, all of our vehicles are supplied with no City Mini branding.
- Delivery and Collection
- What options are available for picking up or returning a vehicle?
- City Mini offers a free delivery and collection service within Central London (Zone 1) and London Heathrow Airport. Deliveries to other locations and UK airports can be arranged for an additional fee. Please include the location or postcode when enquiring for a quote. Alternatively, vehicles can be collected and returned to our offices in Berkeley Square, Mayfair.
- How does your free delivery and collection service work?
- This service is free within Central London (Zone 1) and London Heathrow Airport between the hours of 09:00 to 19:00, seven days a week. Deliveries outside of our standard business hours may incur an additional fee.
This service is available for hires of any duration.
- Can my hire car be delivered to any London airport?
- A personal meet and greet service is available from all London airports. A City Mini representative will meet you upon arrival and show you to your hire vehicle. Collections can also be arranged from any airport where a representative can meet you in the terminal or airport carpark for your convenience. Please have your airport and flight details available when booking.
- Do you deliver outside London?
- City Mini offers a nationwide delivery and collection service.
Please include the location or postcode when enquiring for a price quote.
- How does the vehicle handover work, and how long does it take?
- The following activities usually take place during the vehicle handover:
- Documentation for the main hirer and any additional drivers is confirmed and validated
- The hire contract is reviewed and signed by the hirer
- Payment and required deposits are made (if not processed in advance)
- A vehicle inspection check is conducted with the hirer and documented in a vehicle report
- An overview of the vehicle and its functionality is provided (if required)
This process can usually take up to 25 minutes for new customers and less than 10 minutes for returning customers. Please note, providing the necessary documentation in advance will help to speed up this process.
- Mileage and Fuel
- Is there a mileage restriction on hires?
- Prices are inclusive of a 100 miles/day mileage allocation. Therefore, if you rent a vehicle for 5 days, you will be allocated 500 miles to use over the duration of your hire. Excess mileage will be charged at £0.40+VAT per mile. For example, an additional 100 miles would cost £40+VAT. Additional mileage may be purchased in advance at a reduced rate. Please contact us for more information.
- Do I need to refuel when returning the vehicle?
- Customers are requested to return the vehicle with the same level of fuel present when they first collected the vehicle (normally a full tank). This level will be indicated on the hire contract provided to the customer. In the event refueling has not been possible, a charge of £8.00+VAT will be applied per bar of fuel used.
- Is roadside assistance provided?
- All vehicles have BMW Mini Emergency Roadside assistance provided as part of the hire. The customer will also be provided with the telephone number of a City Mini representative in case of emergency outside office hours.
- What happens if I am involved in an accident?
- Should an accident occur, we ask that you obtain the third party’s details (name, address, telephone number, insurance provider, vehicle registration number), which will be passed onto our insurance company who will deal with the matter. If you are found to be at fault, your insurance excess deposit will be retained to cover the cost of any damages. Any difference in cost will be refunded to you should the repairs cost less than £750.00. Your maximum liability remains at £750.00 should the cost of repair exceed this amount.
Need to ask a question? Send us a message or give us a call on 020 7887 6468